Please ignore any reference to a telephone
number or address for CharterHouse. Instead, contact Tamlin Software
Syntax: FILENAME.EXT Type the period ("dot")!
DOS filenames are in an "eight dot three" format.
- Get everyone out of CharterHouse until the process completes
- Back up your data files
- Go to Master Menu
- Be sure you have selected the correct company for processing
- Hold <Ctrl> and type <U>
- <Down Arrow> to line 10. Reindex file(s) and hit <Enter>
- Type the name of the file to be reindexed and hit <Enter> (See
- Press <Enter> again to begin the reindex process
- A screen displaying the PASS number and the record counts for that pass
- A screen displaying the file name, recs in header and recs recovered
- Confirm that recs in header is exactly equal to recs recovered
- If there is a difference, you might want to print screen. Regardless, keep the information!
- Hit <F10>
- Hit <Esc>
Multiple files may be specified; separate each filename with a space.
Wild cards (<*> and <?>) are allowed.
DOS converts filenames to upper-case, so case does not matter.
The file will normally be specified in an error message as (example)
type only the REVDIST.AR portion.
See also chkcsam.
Return to the Home Page
Return to Help